Re: [LAU] Off topic - Bluegrass for boys!

From: Al Thompson <althompson58@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 06 2013 - 02:37:50 EEST

On 07/05/2013 03:38 PM, david wrote:
> On 07/05/2013 09:05 AM, Al Thompson wrote:
>> On 07/05/2013 02:38 PM, david wrote:
>>> Doesn't play here on Debian Sid Linux with Firefox 22. Displays
>>> message:
>>> " It appears that we are unable to play this video in your browser for
>>> one of the following reasons:
>>>
>>> you have JavaScript disabled
>>> your device does not support HTML5 video
>>> you have an old version of the Adobe Flash Player. Download the
>>> latest Flash player to view this video."
>>>
>>> IIRC, HMTL5 video support is very dependent on video drivers: one
>>> great disadvantage compared to good old proprietary Flash.
>>>
>>> Well, downloaded the MP4 and tried to play it, and it won't play.
>>> Rather, it plays, but there's no sound and no video. Deleted it and
>>> tried again, and now mplayer plays it.
>>
>> Plays fine here on Fedora 14 (64 bit) and Firefox 22.0.
>
> What video driver are you using? My laptop has Intel 855GM video.

i915, but I don't remember why. It's on an HP laptop, and it works
fine, so that's all that really matters to me.

--
---
My bands, CD projects, music, news, and pictures:

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]