Re: [LAU] Debut prog-rock album, all produced with Open Source!

From: Ben Bell <bjb-linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 09 2013 - 12:46:27 EEST

> first of all, I'd like to say thanks for sharing these samples with us.
> I like them. I must admit, that the snipet around 55 seconds reminds me
> of "Cruel Summer".
Hah! I had to google that, but it amused me. Maybe I should add Bananarama
to our list of influences? ;)

> Only the drum mix sounds rather nondescript. From personal experience
Yes, drums are the hardest thing and I'm very definitely still learning
there. The drummer also used a borrowed (my) kit rather than his own for
the recordings. I've promised him that next time we'll track using his
own kit :)

> into something very personal. the china already has that bit of
> "personality". It sounded rather strange to me the first time around, but
Hah, yes. That china is quite distinctive, but sometimes I think it needs
to be place in the next room ;)

> I'd say on the line between Flower Kings an Spock's Beard.
That's interesting. I think the rest of the band would be surprised by that
but the two tracks I used as reference recordings when mixing and mastering
were "In The Eyes Of The World" and "On A Perfect Day". I kid ye not!

Thank you very much for the detailed feedback :)

Ben