Re: [LAU] Slightly O/T was: linux-rt & presonus 1818VSL

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 12 2013 - 10:46:04 EEST

On 07/11/2013 11:53 PM, Will Godfrey wrote:
> Sorry I'm slow responding.
>
> Thanks for this, but when I started to look at it I saw a bit about modifying
> config. I had a look at the file and found it totally incomprehensible. I think
> I'll have to stay with things as they are :(

Hello Will,

Don't worry about the kernel config file, you barely have to touch it.
And when you have to do so there are menu driven tools to do this (make
menuconfig/xconfig/gconfig). And then there are very few options you'd
like to adjust to begin with like the kernel timer setting and the
preemption model setting. I'll add it to the Wiki.

Jeremy