Re: [LAU] zynaddsubfx as dssi

From: Atte André Jensen <atte@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 13 2013 - 14:18:02 EEST

On 07/12/2013 12:51 AM, Atte André Jensen wrote:

> However zynaddsubfx doesn't show up in renoise. I then tried symlinking
> to /usr/lib/dssi (maybe renoise forgot to look in /usr/local)

Looked in the renoise Log.txt, which shows this:

DSSI: Scanning '/usr/lib/dssi/libzynaddsubfx_dssi.so'...
DSSI: Instantiate FAILED (failed to open the DLL file
'/usr/lib/dssi/libzynaddsubfx_dssi.so: undefined symbol: instance_name')!

A fellow renoise users, tried zyn/dssi under rosegarden and it reports
the same. So it seems zyn is either not build correctly or not exactly
ready for prime time as dssi. The later seems strange, though, since
there's a package in debian (that has too-new dependencies for me to
install):

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=zynaddsubfx-dssi

Any thoughts?

--