Re: [LAU] 6 x MIDI in

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Jul 16 2013 - 21:11:19 EEST

On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 18:16:45 +0200, Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:
> My solution would be to buy as many MIDI -> USB cables and be done with
> it.

USB does cause MIDI jitter, it might be ok for most people, but I guess it
should be mentioned. For me it isn't ok, I don't use my USB device, but
PCI cards instead. However, do you need 8 inputs at the same time? If not,
I would use a switch box. If you need some inputs only to dump sounds
etc., than MIDI jitter isn't an issue and USB should be ok for everybody.