[LAU] Music(?) made with Linux: Meeting Point

From: Neil C Smith <neilcsmith.net@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 18 2013 - 15:03:10 EEST

Well, as well as improving the web presence for Praxis LIVE this week
(see t'other thread), I've also recently built a website for Digital
Prisoners.

All our projects are created with Praxis LIVE on Linux. However, I
thought I'd share this page and video of Meeting Point from earlier
this year - an interactive projection that allow 2 people at opposite
ends of a public square to dance "together". Audio and visuals are
being processed live - a mix of generative and motion triggered
effects.

Input loops / samples are a mix of stuff. Mostly created and/or
edited on Linux, a couple of things off FreeSound, and at least one
loop was created a long time ago on an Acorn A5000 (now that's a
computer! :-) )

http://www.digitalprisoners.co.uk/projects/meeting-point
http://youtu.be/lXLmhCwWSNw

Enjoy!