Re: [LAU] Gain and clipping wav -> lame

From: Marc Lavallée <marc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 28 2013 - 17:21:29 EEST

Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> a écrit :
> Isn't there the need to provide all used sources instead of
> downloading them? However, I don't care about it.

I tried to compile it. Here's what I did.

# I downloaded the source files in the same folder:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/r128gain/files/r128gain/1.0/r128gain-1.0-src.tar.gz
http://sourceforge.net/projects/r128gain/files/r128gain/1.0/r128gain-1.0-tools.tar.gz
# I unarchived them:
tar -xzf r128gain-1.0-src.tar.gz
tar -xzf r128gain-1.0-tools.tar.gz
# I jumped into the resulting source folder:
cd r128gain-1.0
# I start rebuilding the world (it's a llloong process):
./configure
cmake
make
# I tried to install it:
sudo make install

But it didn't work, complaining about a missing sox development
package. So I stopped. You're welcome to give it a try. There's
probably a way to compile r128gain without compiling all the required
libraries, in order to use the already installed system libraries.

As a casual user, the binaries works fine, although I had to
symlink the liblame library in the r128gain-tools folder (liblame is
probably missing for copyright issues); for now I believe it's the
easiest way to install r128gain, until official packages appears in
popular Linux based distributions.

--
Marc