Re: [LAU] Looking for advice on a field recording device

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 30 2013 - 15:30:32 EEST

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 22:19:28 -1000
david <gnome@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On 07/29/2013 09:28 AM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>
> > Sony became sort of evil when it turned from an (excellent)
> > equipment manufacturer into a media multinational, with
> > things like the CD rootkit and SACD as the result.
>
> The only part of Sony making money is its insurance division. The
> equipment and media divisions are both running losses.

"Ha ha!"
   - Nelson Muntz

I have been thinking about other Sony gear I've had - one of the best
monitors I ever had was a big Trinitron monitor on a Sun workstation.
Absolutely stunning graphics back in the early 80s. It's too bad that
their ham-fisted attempts at customer control (along with the standard
music industry panic over losing the traditional distribution model)
cause a lot of people to choose other companies to do business with.

"I said, 'Ha ha!'"
    - Nelson Muntz