Re: [LAU] Looking for advice on a field recording device

From: Ricardus Vincente <wizardofgosz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 30 2013 - 18:22:21 EEST

On 07/30/2013 11:01 AM, Alex wrote:

>> I have been thinking about other Sony gear I've had - one of the best
>> monitors I ever had was a big Trinitron monitor on a Sun workstation.
>> Absolutely stunning graphics back in the early 80s. It's too bad that
>> their ham-fisted attempts at customer control (along with the standard
>> music industry panic over losing the traditional distribution model)
>> cause a lot of people to choose other companies to do business with.
>>
>> "I said, 'Ha ha!'"
>> - Nelson Muntz
>>
> Sony, the Monsanto of the media world?

 I had two of their 17" Trinitron monitors back in the day, and they
were stunning to look at.

 One of my favorite outboard reverbs was the Sony DPS-R7. Sounded
amazing. Was my go-to reverb in a studio I worked at in the late 90s. I
see there is one for sale on Ebay... if I just had some spare cash!

 Their 3324 and 3348 digital decks were pretty cool back in the day.

 The Sony Oxford was an amazing large format digital desk, and even the
smaller DMX-R100 was pretty cool.

 Anyway, at one time Sony was cool and had an amazing Pro Audio
heritage. Now they make a gaming console.

 Welcome to the new world!

 Rich...