Re: [LAU] alsaplayer error using USB Audio DAC

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 08 2013 - 17:53:47 EEST

On Thu, August 8, 2013 4:10 am, Roger Weinheimer wrote:
> card 0: SoundByLayout [SoundByLayout], device 0: Master []
> Subdevices: 1/1
> Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 1: default [USB Audio DAC ], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
> Subdevices: 1/1
> Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> **** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
> card 0: SoundByLayout [SoundByLayout], device 0: Master []
> Subdevices: 1/1
> Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Ok, going back to your original post :)
You do show both cards, good.

Your USB card is playback only, but that is what you are trying to do, so
that is ok.

The portion of /var/lib/alsa/asound.state that you show is for the
internal card. That may mean your USB card has no controls which is ok, it
just means volume can only be changed at the card or is always "100%". I
find alsamixer easiest to use to check that.

You used a commandline of:
alsaplayer /path/filename.flac

Generally for trouble shooting I would hit the card directly:
alsaplayer -i hw:1,0 filename.flac

aplay --device=hw:1,0 filename.flac

may still get errors

--