Re: [LAU] Linux Audio podcast. episode002

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 14 2013 - 20:48:53 EEST

On 08/14/2013 06:10 AM, J. Liles wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 1:00 AM, Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden
> <mailto:louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>> wrote:
>
> Hey fellas!
>
> This time talking of getting tired to file bug reports, get the
> podcast here:
> http://www.louigiverona.ru/?page=projects&s=writings&t=linux&a=linux_podcast
> <http://www.louigiverona.ru/?page=projects&s=writings&t=linux&a=linux_podcast>
>

> Would be interested in what you think!
>
> --
> Louigi Verona
> http://www.louigiverona.ru/

> Wow. OK. Well, let me say a few things from the other perspective. The
> point you keep repeating is that youre 'tired of filing bug reports'.
> Well, how do you think a developer who spends decades of their lives
> making something and giving it away for free, when 90% of the feedback
> they get is in the form of complaining? Don't you imagine that that
> would become far more tiresome than filling out a bug report every
> couple of months? If you consider the time that the developer of the
> software your using has spent in order to give it to you FOR FREE, and
> OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF THEIR HEARTS--years or decades of their nights
> and weekends, how does that compare to the few minutes it takes you to
> file a report? I say this to put your grievances in perspective--because
> it's quite clear that you really have no idea how petty it sounds to
> someone who is not currently as enraged with frustration as you are.
>
> Now, let's talk about that frustration. I know it well. In fact, anyone
> who uses software at all knows it well. You single out free software and
> linux audio, but believe me, the bugs are by now means limited to that
> domain.

I've watched a friend of mine go through 3 different Windows systems,
with the aid of vendors that deal exclusively in systems for pro audio
use - and still not have a usable, bug-free system.

Biggest complaint I have about Microsoft is they've somehow convinced
people that problems with software and computers are "normal". "Just
shut down and restart."

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden