Re: [LAU] alsaplayer - was: Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 78, Issue 11

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Aug 15 2013 - 12:30:11 EEST

I wrote:
> yes I guess you're still missing build dependencies.
> I suspect you need to install
> libflac-dev
> libvorbis-dev
> libogg-dev
> doxygen
> libid3tag0-dev
> libmad0-dev
> libc6-dev
> libaudio-dev
> intltool
> gcc
> libjack-dev or libjack-jack2-dev
> and perhaps other packages.
> I might be mistaken.

Right now I see

gcc seems to be installed, but gawk seems to be missing and you seem to
need libjack-dev and not libjack-jack2-dev

You should check the list yourself.

"checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no"
so it doesn't matter that
"checking for g++... no"

If e.g. a codec or lib already is installed, than perhaps the dev
package is missing. You often don't need to use package search engines
for your distro, but simply google for it. If a coder writes you "foo"
is needed, it might be that it's split for your distro and the packages
have different names, so "foo" for your distro could be the packages
"libfoo2 libfoo2-dev libfoo2-docs", for another distro it might just be
the package "foo" or "libfoo".