Re: [LAU] Linux Audio podcast. episode003: commenting replies

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 15 2013 - 18:45:02 EEST

On 08/15/2013 12:42 PM, Harry van Haaren wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden
> <mailto:louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>> wrote:
>
> http://www.louigiverona.ru/?page=projects&s=writings&t=linux&a=linux_podcast
>

> I'll remember this in particular:
> Recurring bugs (that have been reported & return afterwards) are the
> worst kind.

i had to listen the 2 and 3 podcasts offline while resting off diving on
open waters (no pun) so this might be kind of retarded reply anyway :/

i have a feeling--a strong one if i may--that the OP bug is on my
   http://www.rncbc.org/drupal/node/678

happily, i'm still on vacation/holydays now and still, that doesn't make
to justify an incomplete bug report and followup process. ah, always the
process, when evidences are due late or never coming... yes, Louigi it's
you who i'm looking at ;)

> On a side note, attempting to build a group of "testers" is something
> I'll look into, and post a new topic to list when I have my mind made up.
> Cheers, -Harry

right on. LV has been one of those "soft-core" testers ever still, maybe
anymore? lap003 tells me otherwise, but hey Louigi, software development
is no simple craftsmanship, complex software is serious business and old
and new assumptions are always caught in the open

i have this kinda metaphor for that old returning bug case: short
blanket syndrome. yep, an anti-pattern of its own--simply put: you may
fix or close one but will most certainly open one another often hidden
and even dead older--the most hideous bugs just lurk in there, believe
me, i know ;)

cheers

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela