Re: [LAU] Linux Audio podcast. episode003: commenting replies

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri Aug 16 2013 - 23:00:01 EEST

On Fri, 2013-08-16 at 12:51 -0700, J. Liles wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Ralf Mardorf
> <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:
>

> On Fri, 2013-08-16 at 12:41 -0700, J. Liles wrote:
> > Ralf, I have only one thing left to say to you:
> >
> > sudo rm -rf /
>

> Why should I do this? I'm happy with Linux and the quality
> standard I'm
> talking about is fulfilled by Linux. I only try to explain to
> you, that
> you're mistaken regarding to your "free as in beer"
> argumentation.
>

> It would be impossible for me to be mistaken regarding an argument I
> never made.

Then it's a misunderstanding, note that English isn't my native
language. You misunderstood what I've written about the "disclaimer",
perhaps regarding to my broken English. In the context of what you've
written I read that "free as in beer" does mean "every low level is
allowed", so again a misunderstanding. However, you've also written
about ethics, so IMO it's better to encourage people to use Linux
instead of deleting Linux installs. FWIW as I already pointed out, I
don't recommend Linux myself to everybody, since for some people Linux
the wrong choice.