Re: [LAU] Linux Audio podcast. episode003: commenting replies

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 19 2013 - 02:25:01 EEST

On 08/18/2013 12:49 PM, Louigi Verona wrote:
> As an OP, I'd like to comment briefly on a couple of things.
>
> 3.
> I thank Egor for pointing this out, but making music not only sounds
> like "work" to me, a Linux Audio scene without musicians is a bit like a
> bike that everybody works on, but nobody really uses. Linux Audio
> community is both developers AND musicians. An attempt to make everyone
> a developer is not justified, in my opinion. I don't want to fix bugs, I
> am a musician. And as a musician I am extremely productive and I believe
> I do a good share of the musician's work that helps to show what can be
> done using Linux software.

I once wrote a fractal graphics generator in 6510 Assembler for C64. I
can read a number of different programming languages. I know enough
about programming to know I'm not a developer - anything I produced
would not be a positive contribution to anything! So I'd rather make art
and music and such.

Thanks to all the developers - known, unknown, on Linux or any other
platforms - who've successfully turned complex theories into something I
can use to get a sound or photographic effect I want in order to express
what I want to say.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden