Re: [LAU] 3.10-rt kernels unusable

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Mon Aug 26 2013 - 22:18:19 EEST

On Mon, 2013-08-26 at 17:02 +0200, Joakim Hernberg wrote:
> Finally -rt is an experimental patch and folklore is that it stabilizes
> somewhere around -rt10 or so :)

In around 10 years of building linux-rt on my own I didn't experience
often an issue and never such a serious issue. To ensure that neither
yaourt nor any Arch specific thingy breaks something, I'll build a
kernel for Ubuntu Studio. I'll use the packages you build too and I
subscribed to the linux-rt users mailing list.

I seem to get a cold, I'm unconcentrated and can't stay very long on the
computer, so it might take a while before I report back.

Thank you,
Ralf