Re: [LAU] Fwd: Re: Asus/Ubuntu/Audacity searching a reliable usb-recordig interface.

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 30 2013 - 19:33:41 EEST

On Fri, August 30, 2013 9:05 am, Jose van Rooy wrote:
> Hallo Harry, i appreciate you give me the name of this Esi Maya 44 usb
> recording-interface of 100 euro {to convert a tape into digital formats},
> but it's like you didn't read my letter, because you say at the end of
> your
> commend: 'if the Focus-rite works, just keep it and use it'. I mean..,
> almost my whole letter talks about this question: saying i don't like
> software focused on Microsoft and Apple, and that i want to work with
> Audacity-Ubuntu, the application i most like. And saying in my letter
> things like Microsoft and Apple want to erradicate linux, because it
> disturbs their immoral money-making business, and because of that they try
> to make all existing software/hardware {like external usb sound-cards}
> incompatible with linux, and to some extend with their own
> operating-systems too, because you can make it work, but badly, if you use
> their patented patches and other botched jobs {creating cunningly an
> imposed dependence on the user} wich all are premeditated makings, to
> retrieve the maximum amount of benefits out of their obfuscated
> technologies.

After reading all this junk.... you want me to read the rest?

> I want a sound-card wich is like 'native' compatible with Audacity-Ubuntu,
> plug-and-play, period. That means with no need to depend on -or being
> stucked on some kind of sign-in-website to beg for {staggering} drivers
(everything below here deleted and not read)

There are no "native" to linux sound cards, none. With linux it is not
worth your while to sign-in to any website. All the drivers (almost) for
linux (alsa) are created by volunteers on their own time... if they feel
like it. So you do your research (instead of getting cranky when someone
else doesn't do it for you) and find out which cards work and how well
(most audio cards work well enough to get sound in and out, but do not
always access all the built in effects etc.). If all you want is stereo
audio in and out with USB, pick a USB1.1 audio card and be happy. Set them
to 48000/16 and run. The ART "USB Dual Pre Project Series" for example. If
you buy from any good music store, they will let you bring your computer
in and try them to make sure it works before you buy (I do this). Or they
will let you take it back. You are responsible for your own purchases,
take the time to do prior research and then take the time to make sure the
unit you are thinking of buying works for your use. Nobody can do this for
you.

> and on and on.....
That one stuck out... it sure fit the original post...

There is no warranty anything I say will be of any use what so ever to
you. If it causes you to break something you still own both halves.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net