Re: [LAU] pro gear that runs embedded linux...

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 05 2013 - 21:49:48 EEST

Hello Joern!
   I seem to remember, that the Yamaha Motif synthesizer series is powered by
Linux. This was discussed some timeago, when the first family member came out.
some people were trying for an accessibility hack. Yamaha didn't really
promote the fact, if I remember correctly.
   The other synth I can remember was the Korg Oasis. Its flagship of a couple
years ago. I think there was a little more mention of the fact. I'm not sure,
if Korg still use Linux in their latest Kronos series. It seems to have
similar features plus a lot of updates, but who knows.
   I think mainly people aren't interested on what their gear is running. If
they don't see it, they don't want/need to know about it. Especially since
most platforms (synths, mixers, etc.) don't appear to allow the installation
of extra apps. :-) that might make a difference. :-)
   Warm regards
          Julien