Re: [LAU] pro gear that runs embedded linux...

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Sep 05 2013 - 22:16:37 EEST

Some of the very expensive amateur automated mixer and hard disc
recorder workstations from Yamaha, that expensive that I only know
professionals who bought them in the 90s or was it around 2000?, so I at
least will call it semi-pro, at startup showed Tux. Those workstations
seem to be commercial flops.

However, most consumer satellite television receivers have Linux inside,
Android is Linux, but nobody would win customers, if they would
advertise their gear with Linux inside. Too many people experience
frustrating issues, when they tried to use Linux. Linux is available for
free as in beer. A customer in addition might think that "if it's free,
it can't be any good" and why is the gear that expensive, when they use
free stuff inside?