Re: [LAU] M/S EQ in Linux

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 10 2013 - 02:04:44 EEST

On 9 September 2013 at 18:51, Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Sep 2013 17:42:22 -0500
> Brent Busby <brent@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > I've been looking for a way to try mid/side EQ in Linux. The
> > Are mid/side EQ tricks possible with the Calf plugins, or any other way
> > on Linux?
>
> I found this not long ago: http://www.zthmusic.se/Tutorial_Sidechaining
> If you find out how to do it with Calf plugins, please let us know.

Brent were you trying to set EQ for the center of the audio field in
one way, and the sides of the audio field in another way? That's how
I read your question.

If I read that right, then side-chaining (applying an effect to thing
one based on the content of thing two) is something different. But
Joe, your link about side-chaining with Ardour is great.

Thanks....

--
Kevin