Re: [LAU] M/S EQ in Linux

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed Sep 11 2013 - 18:54:25 EEST

On Tue, 2013-09-10 at 22:58 -0500, Brent Busby wrote:
> But some stereos seem to have woofers/subwoofers that only get engaged
> when there's a fair amount of power, which means that if you don't
> turn the volume up, it creates the impression that the EQ is mostly
> high mids and treble. If you turn up the volume, the "problem"
> disappears as the woofers begin to engage.

Some people have got 200 W speakers in their cars and in their 15 m²
living rooms, where 20 W speakers already would be more than loud
enough. You can not listen in household noise level on a 2 x 200 W
stereo, you need to increase the volume to insane loudness, that has
nothing to do with the mix, it's related to the speakers. I had a
neighbour listening each night 4 to the flour that loud, that I couldn't
listen to my music in household noise level. If a car has to stop at the
lights perhaps 200 m away and my windows are closed, I anyway often
can't hear the music in my flat anymore, because the car's hifis are
that loud.

Reconsider that your mixes are ok, but you try to listen to it on
stereos of idiots.

I use 20 W speakers and they could be that loud, that it could
permanently damage the ears.