Re: [LAU] M/S EQ in Linux

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed Sep 11 2013 - 22:15:43 EEST

On Wed, 2013-09-11 at 13:26 -0500, Brent Busby wrote:
> Now that I've determined it's not really an EQ problem, the trick is
> figuring out do I need a multiband [...]

"multiband" does indicate an EQ task ;). A multiband compressor is a
good tool, but it can't harm to learn how to mix without using a
compressor, before making the fine tuning by using a compressor. Maybe
you only need fine tuning, I don't know. Keep in mind that if you
compare a home recording with a good professional recording, likely your
microphones miss to record something, that only can be recorded by using
very good microphones, or virtual instruments don't provide what vintage
organs, vintage synth etc. do provide, etc.. What reverbs do you use
etc., pp..

I never heard any mix, professional or home recording, that did sound
good on every hifi equipment. This is impossible.