Re: [LAU] Why would volume fluctuate while recording?

From: Egor Sanin <egor.sanin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 17 2013 - 17:15:53 EEST

On 9/14/13, Rusty Perez <rustys.lists@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Wide diafram condensor mic > Art Tube pack with compressor bipassed >
> line 3 of Delta 1010LT > DAW.
> There was no processing on the input chanel of the daw.
>
> But, while I was recording an energetic vocal/guitar track, the level
> of monitoring output on the mic only dropped about 15-20 db in my
> monitoring headphones. The click stayed at normal volume.
> Any thoughts at all?

Hi Rusty, I have had a similar problem with the Delta, and as far as
I remember the problem was a faulty connection. Whether it was
corrosion on the Delta input socket, or dirt, or both I don't know,
but after wroking the plug in the socket a bit, the problem seems to
have gone away for me.

Hope that helps.