Re: [LAU] [LAD] Aeolus

From: Hartmut Noack <zettberlin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 19 2013 - 00:54:57 EEST

Am 18.09.2013 23:29, schrieb J. Liles:
> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hiddenwrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> It has come to my attention that there are ATM at least two
>> 'forks' of Aeolus. The first by the MuseScore team, the second
>> by one Maurizio Gavioli.
>>
>> Neither of them even had the decency to let me know of their
>> work, and both are taking Aeolus in a direction I do not
>> approve of.
[...]
>> Ciao,
>>

> Respectfully, you granted people the right to fork your code in the first
> place.

I also see it that way but I also understand Fons. To fork without
telling the author is allowed by license but anyway: it is also allowed
by law to step into a room without answering, if someone says "good
morning". License is one thing, manners are another and both should be
observed.

> Plus, if the forks did/do make any improvements that you value

Looks like they do not ;-)

@Fons: if you do not like the way in that your software is forked, maybe
ask them to use a different name?

just my 2c