Re: [LAU] Music with Linux - Nepali Dub

From: James Stone <jamesmstone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 20 2013 - 13:39:10 EEST

On Sep 20, 2013 10:50 AM, "Julien Claassen" <julien@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hello James!
> I've listened to both versions. I'm not sure, which one I like better.
there is a slight tendency towards yours. :-) I would have expected a
little more delay on the snare. Occasionally you appeared to have foreseen
this wish and granted it. :-) Well done. It has a very airy feeling. You
really went with the song and its original atmosphere.

Thanks Julien!

Actually, both versions are "mine". The dub one is just the more recent.

I know what you mean about the drums. They need more work in both versions.
However, I found a lot of classic dub has surprisingly little delay on
them. I thought they needed it in this track tho, and the changing delay
times was intentional (and painstaking! ), although theystill not
completely how I wanted them.

The thing about the dub version is it really highlights how flat the drums
sound in the original tho... more work needed there!

James