[LAU] A music quality article of interest (OT but not much)

From: Pete Wright <pnwright@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 03 2013 - 02:47:00 EEST

I go all he way back to when music came over the AM radio, clipped,
attenuated, stomped, squashed, and premasticated.
The "stereo" of my day wasn't stereo (yet) and we called it Hi-Fi (for high
fidelity) and we built our own amps or assembled Heathkits.
So now (according to Steve Guttenberg) we are back to stomped and
pre-chewed, except around LAU where we all still roll our own one way or
another.
Pete

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-57605536-47/an-inconvenient-truth-why-music-sounds-bad/?tag=nl.e702&s_cid=e702&ttag=e702&ftag=CAD767ae48