Re: [LAU] Laptop choice

From: michael noble <looplog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 14 2013 - 13:18:44 EEST

It looks like a reasonably powerful machine, but there are possible issues.

Do you have your own audio interface? If you plan to use the laptop
built-in audio, then keep in mind that this laptop has a driver
dependent Combo Jack Headphone/MIC plug. These are not always easy to get
to work under linux.

Also, I don't know what the state of support is like for NVidia Optimus.
After reading a few horror forum entries about trying to get graphics
working on such laptops with Linux, I decided to stay clear of dual
graphics devices for a while.