Re: [LAU] re Zoom R16

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 14 2013 - 15:04:51 EEST

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 3:50 AM, reSet Sakrecoer <sakrecoer@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Mr. McCoy claims to have enabled the Zoom R8 (yes, there is quite a
> difference between r16 and r8) as a multi-input soundcard for ardour and
> also as a control surface in 12.04 64bits.
>
> There is no information as to which driver is being in use in his post. And
> searching the web only leads me to various WIP to get the R16 running on
> linux.
>
> My question is, has anyone got any news about this device and a possible
> drivers?
>
> Specifically to Mr. Brett McCoy: what driver did you use to make jack aware
> of your r8?

I'm now using Ubuntu Studio 13.04, I haven't tried the device out yet
on that version. If I recall, I didn't need to use any specific
driver, I think it used the ALSA USB audio & midi drivers
automagically. You have to do a little bit of config in Ardour, to
make sure you use the correct protocol. I don't think it works in
Ardour2 or MixBus, though, just Ardour3. I'm not in my studio right
now but can check it out later today. I haven't useed my Zoom R8 for a
while, actually

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com