Re: [LAU] [ANN] midifilter.lv2 v0.1.3

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 21 2013 - 23:11:32 EEST

On 10/21/2013 09:51 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-10-21 at 21:31 +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:
>> As usual, any feedback is welcome.
>
> Thank you, sounds useful, e.g. "play a note to turn it on, play it again
> to turn it off" for editing external synth far away from the master
> keyboard. Sometimes without such a tool it's like playing Twister, one
> foot on the sustain peal and a fingertip on a synth knob. Three full
> metal guitar floor boxes aren't heavy enough to hold down a Yamaha
> sustain pedal and with four or more, the tower of effects on the pedal
> falls over.

LOL.

> I'm sure that I will at least use this MIDI filter :).

You're very welcome.

I tried to follow the DRY (Dont Repeat Yourself) principle. The real
power of those filters lies in using them in a network and combine
various individual plugins.

e.g. limit note range -> enforce scale -> note to chord -> strum

In your case you probably also want to limit the range of notes that
will be held first.

Linear chains can easily be modeled in Qtractor, Ardour, Carla or other
LV2 hosts, but complex networks require ingen or custom jack-midi-port
connections.

Cheers!
robin