Re: [LAU] [ANN] midifilter.lv2 v0.1.3

From: R. Mattes <rm@email-addr-hidden-freiburg.de>
Date: Wed Oct 23 2013 - 15:46:25 EEST

On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 12:09:10 +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 12:11 AM, Robin Gareus wrote:
>
> > Linear chains can easily be modeled in Qtractor, Ardour, Carla or other
> > LV2 hosts, but complex networks require ingen or custom jack-midi-port
> > connections.
>
> In my jackass opinion, Ardour needs Ingen bundled, or maybe a similar
> built-in feature.

And Emacs, let's not forget an embedded Emacs ;-)

> (And some people would still want to see PD-like
> system inside it, much like Max4Live).

Maybe I miss something obvious, but what's wrong with using
PD as it is - i.e. as a standalone jack client. After all, isn't that
the main point of jack's wounderful routing capabilities?
Max4Live exists because there's nothing comparable in the
windows/mac world (or, at least, there wasn't)
My PD patches will run with ardour as well as with qtractor -
I consider this an advantage.

 Cheers, Ralf Mattes

--
R. Mattes -