Re: [LAU] editor for audiofile header?

From: Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 24 2013 - 14:07:15 EEST

On 10/24/2013 12:29 PM, Chris Bungue wrote:
> Thanks, I forgot SND. It's a very long time ago I use it.
>
> We have some problems with very strong digital distortions in some
> audiofiles after import them to Cubase and reload the project.
> The audiofiles are from ardour3 and I export them with the stem-export
> function.
> The wavefile is list with a tempo of 120,68 bpm in the in the pool from
> cubase, but I have recorded it with 84 bpm.
> I hop to find some more information in the header of the wavfile.

since when does a wav header contain tempo information?
irregardful, wrong tempo detection has nothing to do with distortion. i
guess somewhere in your chain you go from float to integer. in that
case, you will have to check that your stems don't ever go above 1.0f or
0dB. it's not a problem in jack until you hit the output converters,
because floats can represent larger values than "full scale", but when
you go to int, they will be all set to +/- maxint, which equals distortion.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487