Re: [LAU] OT: another linux audio bashing thread on slashdot

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Mon Oct 28 2013 - 22:49:49 EET

On Mon, 2013-10-28 at 21:30 +0100, Set Hallstrom wrote:
> I think any work that is somewhat ethic [snip]

It's not only ethic, but also about emotions.

If you want to work as audio engineer in Germany you need to be
Tonmeister VDT. It's easy for me to be a Tonmeister VDT and it
works/worked for me without becoming a member, but that's much harder.
You only need two bailsmen to become VDT and many acquaintances I know
like to be bailsmen for me. For me it's a no-go, I can't live
rock'n'roll and become member of a club, this is ridiculous.

No offence Jörn, don't get me wrong, friends of me are VDT, it's ok, but
those friends aren't rock'n'rollers.

Don't care about ethics, this is theory, but listen to your heart.

You can't love music and at the same time make your money by working for
an industry that gives us the loudness-war, _even_ if you have the good
luck to ignore the loudness war, you still will work for the same evil
people. It's not ethic, it's emotion!