Re: [LAU] another linux audio bashing thread on slashdot

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 30 2013 - 22:07:11 EET

Barney, thanks for the review! It was very interesting to read, I rarely
get feedback on my music, especially that detailed ;)

Two things to comment. One - I am not a very good sound engineer so while I
do learn and my productions become better and better, overall I do need
services of a sound engineer or a tutor. I do get that sometimes from my
friend who is a sound engineer. He did specifically help me out with
Uranium, however, fixed version did not make it to the album since the eq
plugin we used crashes on project reopen and I had to release the tune as
it is.

Two. This album aimed for the 1990-1994 trance feel. That explains 303
without distortion. I actually like 303 without distortion. So I guess no
use comparing it to mixing techniques of today as I specifically listened
to 1990s trance music collections when preparing for the album.

Cheers and super thanks again for the review!

L.V.