Re: [LAU] OT: another linux audio bashing thread on slashdot

From: michael noble <looplog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 01 2013 - 11:11:52 EET

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 4:48 PM, Chris Bannister
<cbannister@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

> I wonder if the original statement has been taken out of context.

I suspect so. The statement was: "If you *really* enjoy something, never do
it as a job"

The *really* part is important I think. If you are very passionate about
something, turning it into work is not often the best thing for that
passion. That being said, "work" is probably a state of mind more than
anything. I know Robert Fripp has said something similar about music, that
if you really love music, don't try to make a living out of it.