Re: [LAU] More old crazed jazz

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 04 2013 - 14:53:51 EET

Hello Ken!
   what a perfectly charming piece of jazz! I like the mix. It's a small combo,
but even that can be fucked up, if you're not careful and if you have enough
real acoustic instruments in the mix. I'm still undecided about the drumkit.
It's so well balanced and tamed, that I'd go for good samples, but the playing
suggests a real drummer on a real drumkit.
   I will take that piece to Duesseldorf, next time I'm there, so we will have
a good ambience for the inevitable long evening. It iwll at least get it
started or coloured somewhere in the middle. :-) I really don't know, why you
haven't released it before. Anyway, it's good that you did so now. I did fully
observe the metric niceties yet, but I will take the time to follow it. I'm
especially looking for the "windshield wiper" moment. I'm sorry, aqt this time
of day, I can't properly follow a long track, for that there is too much
demanding my attention. :-(
   Thanks for sharing this lovely piece of very cool jazz!
   Rhythmically moved yours
           Julien