Re: [LAU] Some heavy metal/rock'n'roll

From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 05 2013 - 13:58:18 EET

On 5 November 2013 12:48, Alf Haakon Lund <alf@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Right on, getting all the 70'ies associations! Tight, though a little
> muddled on the sound - it's a little bit like there's only one massive
> instrument playing everything. On the other hand, that's how this kind of
> music often sounds.
>
> Though a little bit too straightforward for my tastes, it's grrovy and
> well worth playing through.
>
> Thanks for sharing!
>
> Thanks for commenting! As I mentioned to Brett McCoy (that I managed to
send off-list for some reason), there were a lot of challenges with the raw
material, especially other instruments leaking onto the drum tracks. The
muddy sound is mostly a product of that good old mistake, recording guitars
with too much distortion. When it sounds good on its own, it must be good
right? Haha.

Glad you like it!

Arve