Re: [LAU] cubieboard dac module

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 07 2013 - 09:44:05 EET

On 06-11-13 19:27, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some of you might be interested in this:
>
> http://cubieboard.org/2013/10/18/g2-labs-has-released-a-dac-module-for-cubieboard/

I've seen it. Pricey audiophile stuff. If they'd release a module that
has ¼" TS connectors at instrument level I'll be the first to buy it.
There are similar projects being set up for the RPi by the way:
http://www.crazy-audio.com/projects/hifiberry-mini/
http://www.element14.com/community/community/raspberry-pi/raspberry-pi-accessories/wolfson_pi

> The cubieboard runs on software provided by the opensource linux-sunxi
> project including build support packages and kernels for several Linux
> distros, and various "mobile" OS's including android, tizen, ubuntu.
>
> http://linux-sunxi.org/Main_Page
>
> The processor is Allwinner's sun "x" i (arm) series the latest of which
> (a31) are quad core.

I've been testing a Cubieboard2 the last three months. It's an awesome
device, I can recommend it if you're planning to use an ARM based
embedded device for musical projects. It's powerful, has audio IO, runs
very well and stable with a RT kernel, is easy to hack and performs very
well with JACK running at low latencies. The onboard audio has no
problems running at -p64 (you need a patch for the codec though).

Best,

Jeremy