Re: [LAU] re Zoom R16

From: Jan Depner <eviltwin69@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 08 2013 - 16:00:12 EET

On Fri, 2013-11-08 at 14:36 +0100, Atte wrote:
> On 10/23/2013 02:18 PM, Jan Depner wrote:
>
> > On a related yet unrelated note, I have two of these
>
> I might be interested in getting one or two of these, but from reading
> this thread, it's not clear to me exactly what works and how robust it
> is under linux.
>
> Could someone please fill me in ?

I have no idea if the R16 works as an interface or as a controller under
Linux. What I use mine for is to record my band live and then dump the
24 bit/44.1KHz audio to my hard drive. I then import the WAV files to
Ardour and mix them. With the exception of the line level problem that
I addressed here

https://googledrive.com/host/0Bw2lTTCOj0kBeGdrbGVqNXJaODA/ZR16.html

I have had no problem with them. I did move up to 32GB SDHC cards so I
could record a 4 hour gig.