Re: [LAU] re Zoom R16

From: jmancine <jason@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 18 2013 - 17:06:17 EET

Look, I am just trying to make this device work in Linux. I apologize, but
my "normal" setup has never included playback on the recording device -- so
that was not a priority in testing the R16, or even on my radar. Obviously,
the R16 is low end device that has no clock sync ability whatsoever. It is
never going to be perfect, but I haven't noticed enough drift to be
noticeable in a week or two of recording and overdubbing with it. Perhaps
cheap crystals have gotten better and perform reasonably consistently...
perhaps I am just a lucky guy. Regardless, I hope to have it working in
full duplex soon.

That aside, the generalization that multiple devices can't work is
incorrect. There are many devices with hardware sync options... mine
happen to use ADAT optical cables to do the job. Even those old
soundblasters (or whatever they were) had physical sync cables. It remains
a standard on higher end equipment.

Back to the topic at hand -- I will try to modify the quirk to support full
duplex. Stay tuned.