Re: [LAU] music made with linux: Modlys/hjerte, løft din glædes vinger

From: Q <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 02 2013 - 00:02:03 EET

On 01/12/13 21:26, Atte wrote:
> Hi
>
> Today is the first sunday of advent. To celebrate I made a new version
> (new melody and music, original lyrics) of the danish christmas carol
> "Hjerte, løft din glædes vinger" (Heart, lift your wings of joy).
>
> It's available as part of the growing album "Advent" here:
> http://music.modlys.dk/track/hjerte-l-ft-din-gl-des-vinger
>
> For those of you that for some reason can't use bandcamp, here's direct
> link to mp3:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4343030/hjerte_loeft_din_glaedes_vinger.mp3
>

> Hope you enjoy!

Hi

You just caught me in-between two episodes of Borgen!

Beautiful production and great mood and atmosphere.

I love the way the bass and vocal echo gradually and softly worm the
rhythm in before the drums come in. I would've loved it more if the
drums had more weight and power, especially the snare and to a lesser
extent the kick -- they seem a bit lightweight to me and would've
provided more of a contrast, especially after the earlier, stuttering
appearances in the second verse.

Admittedly, it sounded a lot better 'phones, it's just a shame that
there isn't enough low end higher up, so to speak, to come across on (my
admittedly a tad bass-light) studio monitors and generally more body to
the snare.

But that's just nitpicking and a matter of personal taste. Oh yes, and
it's far too short :-) It's impossible to fault what's there. Each
successive listen turns up more little details that add real interest.

Excellent work and thanks for sharing.