Re: [LAU] OT, but IMO really interesting living history: They still produce cassette tapes in Germany

From: Set Hallstrom <sakrecoer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 03 2013 - 23:52:03 EET

Thank you!!

I've forwarded the information to quite a few friends. Here in sweden,
audio cassette is having a revival since a couple of years back. What
used to be netlabels are now cassette labels producing limited edition
tapes... go figure.

I really like it thou: these FFWD>> an <<REW constraint is a pain that
sort of forces a listener into taking in an albums narrative thread,
which i have been missing in the quickskipping digital era we live :)

And with a a little bit of inventiveness for the cover art, one can sell
these tapes for very decent prices.

Have a good week,

Set

On 2013-12-03 20:39, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-12-03 at 18:38 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> In Germany they still produce cassette tapes :). Quality control is done
>> with Studer tape recorders and RFT monitors. Some years ago I got two
>> RFT monitors for less than 50,- € at Ebay :). Seen on German television,
>> today at 18:31 kabel eins. I suspect the Studer studio tape recorders
>> are un-payable and impossible to maintain, so I suspect there will be no
>> long future for this technology. The same factory does produce records
>> too :).
>>
>> The cassette tapes they produce are audio dramas, they didn't mention
>> music.
>
> One self-reply is allowed?
>
> I forgot to mention that the coping tape recorders are second-hand from
> the USA, don't know the vendor, but seemingly also end-of-range models.

Set Hallstrom
AKA Sakrecoer
http://sakrecoer.com
WARNING: Remember clear-text email is subject to mass surveillance
systems. Alone this information is useless. Our summed communications
are worth humanity.
Please keep in mind Internet is a boulevard in a crowded virtual city.
Privacy is found under the cloaks.