Re: [LAU] aubio 0.4.0~beta1

From: Set Hallstrom <sakrecoer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 10 2013 - 19:56:20 EET

On 2013-12-09 15:18, Paul Brossier wrote:

> * src/onset, src/tempo/, src/pitch: the different methods for onset, tempo,
> and pitch extraction have seen many bug-fixes and optimizations.
>
> * src/spectral/specdesc.h: new onset distances and statistical measures have
> been added.
>
> * src/spectral/filterbank.h: new filter bank to compute the energy in any
> custom-defined frequency bands.
>
> * src/spectral/mfcc.h, examples/aubiomfcc.c: a standard implementation of
> the Mel-Frequency Cepstrum Coefficients algorithm has been added.
>
> * src/temporal/{a,c}_weighting.h: standard implementation of the C-weighting
> and A-weighting pre-processing filters are now provided for most commons
> sampling rates.
>
> * src/synth/wavetable.h, src/synth/sampler.h: provide basic ways to generate
> some sounds.

Hi again,

I spent quite some time yesterday reading about your project aubio. And
then i had a dream that i thought i would share with you.

It was ome sort of a box running aubio, that i could use to trigger gear
or software with my microphone. It was waiting for certain tones, and
certain attack-shapes in realtime to trigger different loops and
sequences. It wasn't doing anything to the audio, just listening for
information of what external (hard- and/or software) gear was supposed
to be triggered and how, only thanks to the tone of the melody. This way
i could program crazy lines and rythms that would play only when i
reached certain parts of my songs by singing them. Basically, all i can
do today by pressing buttons, i could do by singing, with a little
mapping work...

I hope i make sense. Perhaps this exists already? I'm guessing that
"singstar" or whatever that game is called, is what i am talking about
in a limited sense.

Hopefully however, in case there is no such box today, that dream would
fit better out of my head, among people who have the power to realise it :)

Yours,
*Set