Re: [LAU] question related output level and sound card

From: Roger <gurusonic@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 17 2013 - 01:16:25 EET

On 17/12/13 08:25, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 06:48:32PM +0100, Djého Youn wrote:
>
>> http://www.thomann.de/pl/art_usb_dual_tube_pre.htm
> This won't solve the problem you reported. And with the info
> at hand I don't think that problem was due to your equipment
> at all.
>
> Ciao,

Totally agree. I work regularly on a 20,000 watt PA system with Digico
consoles. We often have artists using Macs from headphone out, or those
little digital music player thingies from headphone outs, which are more
than capable of driving the system to maximum volume.
Your computer was almost definitely not the problem unless you had the
output level set /really/ low.
Somewhere the gain stages were set wrong.