Re: [LAU] Easiest way to extract score from an audio file

From: Edgar Aichinger <edogawa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 22 2013 - 17:59:15 EET

Am Sonntag, 22. Dezember 2013, 16:27:19 schrieb Philipp Überbacher:
> Thanks,
> but I have no idea how to read those strange guitar thingies. Not sure

Well, on the left side of each horizontal line (representing guitar strings) you see a note name for the open string. A=440 is 5th fret on 1st (topmost) string. At any time location the numbers show at which fret the string has to be stopped; so just add the number you see, in semitones, to the open string note and you know the resulting pitch/musical note. The only thing not shown is the rhythm, for whatever reason - modern guitarists seem to be fine with that, probably because tabs usually are printed in parallel to musical score...

Edgar