Re: [LAU] How to turn off hyperthreading?

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 23 2013 - 01:11:31 EET

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:

> would do the trick too but on my own system I still can't go lower than
> -p128 so hopefully the isolcpus parameter improves stability.

Just a thought (128 rings a bell)... Intel HDA audio seems to be limited
to -p128 at -n2 or -p64 at -n3. Jack will not even start for me lower than
that with them (I have two). Also if pulse is running... It can limit
other cards to the same latency as an internal card has. Best to turn off
internal cards in bios. I have found that even when they are turned off in
pulse, a jack event can turn them back on.

The way pulse works with jackd can be very useful, but it has issues. The
user needs to be aware of them all.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net