Re: [LAU] Easiest way to extract score from an audio file

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 24 2013 - 04:08:45 EET

On 12/22/2013 07:36 AM, Raine M. Ekman wrote:
> Quoting Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>:
>
>> On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 15:45:23 +0000
>> Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Or try the Chordino Vamp plugin in Sonic Visualiser.
>>> (http://code.soundsoftware.ac.uk/projects/nnls-chroma)
>>
>> I learn something every day and this was a very good thing to learn!
>
> And then there's Clam Chordata, too:
> http://clam-project.org/wiki/Chordata_tutorial

I'll have to try that, just for fun.

Back on the original topic, several years ago, I tested a commercial
Windows audio-to-midi converter. It did a fine job recognizing every
note in a commercial song with multiple instruments and a full orchestra.

It put all the notes on the same track, making the results completely
useless.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden