Re: [LAU] Easiest way to extract score from an audio file

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Dec 24 2013 - 13:31:30 EET

On Mon, 2013-12-23 at 22:41 -1000, david wrote:
> I'm really disappointed by a number of people who've learned to play
> by listening to others' performances; they seem to have difficulty
> coming up with their own sound

David, I only half agree,

you're right, but there's a good reason for not playing music your own
style.

Usually they do it, because they want feedback, they don't get with
their own sound. If you do something new, less people understand this,
if you imitate something, people are able to understand what you do.

Imagine when you was young. Go tell your parents that you want to become
a professional musician, you need an evidence to show them that you are
able to be a professional musician. If you tell your parents that you
want to become a banker no evidence is needed. However, you can't play
your own compositions, you need to play music from musicians that are
known to be geniuses.

Musical evolution is much slower than other evolutions, because some
people won't eat anything they've never seen before. A prophet has no
honor in his own country.

If you tell your parents, teachers etc. that you want to become a
painter (artist), they recommend to become a house-painter and decorator
or car varnisher instead.

It's a long and hard way before you are allowed to make your own music,
to paint your own pictures.

Regards,
Ralf