Re: [LAU] Fedora Jam 20 Heisenbug released

From: Martin Peach <martin.peach@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 29 2013 - 00:20:51 EET

On 2013-12-28 14:45, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On 12/28/2013 06:37 AM, Brendan Jones wrote:
>> Seasons greetings all!
>>
>> Just a quick announcement to any that didn't know, the Fedora Jam spin
>> has been released alongside Fedora 20.
>
> Amazing work by Brendan and all others!
>
>> For a synopsis of all included packages you can click here [1], and you
>> can grab an ISO from here [2]
>>
>> PlanetCCRMA has also been updated in record time, so go here [3] to add
>> your RT kernel, linuxsampler, supercollider, puredata and others not
>> included on the spin.
>
> Actually pd-extended is still missing in action for Fedora 20. If anyone
> out there has a patch to build it with Lua 5.2 let me know (it currently
> needs Lua 5.1 and Fedora ships with 5.2)...

As a first try you could change the Makefile to use 5.2 instead of 5.1 I
don't know if that will break anything.
The Makefile for pdlua is here:

http://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/svn/HEAD/tree/trunk/externals/loaders/pdlua/src/Makefile

For linux, lines 154 and 155 need changing from 5.1 to 5.2:

  LUACFLAGS += -I/usr/include/lua5.1 # lua is named differently on every
platform, check this and change it to fit
LIBS += -llua5.1 # lua is named differently on every platform, check
this and change it to fit

I don't have 5.2 anywhere here so I can't test it.

Martin