Re: [LAU] Linux compatible keybord controller?

From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 31 2013 - 14:27:34 EET

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 13:40:57 +0200
Moshe Werner <moshwe@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I'm in the market for some nice keybord controller.
> I would be glad to hear your recommendations.
>
> Her are the musthaves:
> 1. Linux compatibility
> 2. Pitch + Modulation
> 3. Velocity sensitive (aftertouch would be nice but not mandatory)
>
> Also some assignable pads and knobs woud be useful.
>
> Would love to have your insights.
>
> Cheers
> Moshe

I've got a Miditech midicontrol pro 49.
USB powered, but also standard MIDI out for controlling hardware synths.
Works out of the box on debian
Full velocity sensitivity
12 assignable knobs
1 assignable slider
Re-assignable modulation wheel (ideal for dynamic pan control)
Pedal input

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk