Re: [LAU] notation software

From: Florian Jung <flo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 31 2013 - 16:05:23 EET

David Santamauro <david.santamauro@email-addr-hidden> schrieb:

>Hi,
>
>It's been a while since I researched notation software. What are the
>major players in the linux world? What is being actively maintained?
>What is new and cutting edge?
>
>Note: I use lilypond for printed scores but I'm looking for some
>distinct functionality for in-score composing and orchestrating:
>
> - individual jack midi routing at least at the staff level, better if
>staff supported multiple voices and each could be routed separately.
>
> - step input with both external keyboard as well as mouse
>
> - customization for in-score articulations, e.g., staccato -> channel
>change or slur/legato -> insert note ( for key switch software
>instruments)
>
> - lilypond and/or midi export functionality.
>
>I'd appreciate any advice. thanks,
>
>David

Hi,

MusE sequencer (not to confused with MusEScore) offers a score editor. MusE is a MIDI and (work in progress) audio sequencer with lots of editing features. The score editor is quite limited in its rendering capabiloties (it *cannot* be used for creating printable scores!).

But if you're seeking a tool which allows you to orchestrate -- using Midi or softsynthes -- stuff, while not forcing you to use the pianoroll, MusE might be the right tool for you.

(you can still export stuff as Midi and import somewhere else.)

Hope this helps,
Florian

--
This message has been sent from my smartphone. Please pardon any typing errors that might have occurred.